Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Birthday Wishes with Lots of Embellishments


This birthday card was for a friend I have known for years. Nancy and I vacationed together a number of times while we both worked for Citizens Bank many years ago. Along with another friend, Judie - who also was a Citizens Bank employee and my room mate at that time, we traveled to lots of fun places that included Miami Beach (Florida) and London (England). One of my favorite memories of our Miami trip was a night we had all gone out and had a class of wine, or two, and Nancy decided to have her own personal toga party. After acquiring appropriate toga attire, her bed sheets, she topped her fashion statement with a lamp shade head piece and then danced until dawn. Oh, to be young and carefree again! We had such great fun. Nancy now lives in a beautiful condo on the shores of Lake Huron. I don't see as much of her as when she was localed in Flint but we keep in contact on a regular basis.
Oops - too many memories, back to the card. The papers are from a DCWV Stack, the Happy Birthday wish banner from Stampendous and the silk flowers from the Prima Marketing collection 'Got Flowers Spring 2'. The metal yellow flower on the ribbon is a slide I purchased from Capture A Memory, one of my favorite scrapbook stores.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the paper!

Claudia said...

Hi Pat! I love this card. Paisley and striped papers are two of my favorites. Your embellishments are great, too.